/* Google Analytics */ /* Google Analytics end */ CRUNCHY: Baby bottle and nipple at 5 1/2 months - Flow Rate

Baby bottle and nipple at 5 1/2 months - Flow Rate

My baby girl graduated to level 3 Avent bottle nipples. My wife and I noticed that she was sucking it too hard or trying too hard and it took longer than usual to finish the milk, so that's when we decided to go out and buy the faster flow rate ones.

Another thing to consider, is how tight when you close the bottle. This will influence the flow rate too. Usually, I'll tighten it until the point when the bottom of nipple meets the bottle, and then twist for another 1.5cm in length along the bottle. So you can try this trick first before going out to buy that next level of nipple. The photo illustrates this: -


I have another post about the 'Avent bottle leak' problem here, if you're interested.


2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Thank you very much for your instructions on putting this bottle together in a non leaky way. My baby is 6 weeks old and got her 1M+ nipples with 2 holes. He was suckling harder and gets tired and sleep with single hole nipple.

    Now with 1M+ nipples he dribbles a lot from the corners of his tiny mouth... I usually tighten the bottle ring as you explain here... I don't know how to solve the dribbling problem. Please help if you got any clue... poor baby is all soaked up with ounce or two of milk after every feed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new baby boy :)

    Does he gag on the faster flow nipple? If he doesn't, give him some time to get used to the new nipple. I remember my girl and boy does it too when switching to faster flow nipples. In the mean time, just get ready a towel to soak up the milk. :)

    ReplyDelete