crunchys_headerphoto




Choking on Ikea Iris and Alvine Roman Blinds?

IKEA(US) is recalling all IRIS or Alvin Roman blinds due to an incident where a one year old girl got caught and choked to death on the cords of a IKEA Roman blind according to CBS news.

How did it happened? The images below says it all.

ikea recall

ikea recall

Is it time to throw all your Roman blinds away if you have young toddlers around? In my opinion, there are alot of dangerous places and hazards around the house not just Roman blinds and it's not possible to make a house 100% hazard free. But if it is a known hazard, then by all means please do something about it.

IKEA Malaysia have issued a statement on their website that the batches made before week 23 2008 are affected and customers can get a refund. It seems the batch with 0830 ( year/week ) or later comply with the safety standards because they have fitted cord stops on the blinds. (Source)

2 comments:

Faux Wood Blinds said...

Is this true??

Englander Line said...

The stunningly beautiful prints, colours and the fabric material of one such sheer roller blinds that I bought online from a designer home furnishing store in London was of premium quality and that made the difference to the overall aesthetics and ergonomics of my kitchen area which now represents a much more refined, soothing and refreshing look through this beautiful custom Roman blind.

Post a Comment